Below you can find a list of online resources that I’ve used during time and I can recommend thanks to the personal experiences.
- AIMS Calendar – the race calendar maintained by the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races – good resource if you’re interested in finding a big international race.
- Inschrijven.nl – new to The Netherlands and not knowing where to look for races? Inschrijven – translated as Register is the most common registration service used by races in The Netherlands. You can list all the future events and filter on them although the interface for this is not great.
- Duursport.nl – my “go to” online shop for sports nutrition in The Netherlands. The website is in Dutch online (you can use Google Translate to get around it), but they accept reviews for their products in English as well. Customer support available in English as well – had one minor issue with one delivery – they were very responsive and solved the issue immediately. Free delivery for orders over 50 euro and fast service. Also very wide range or products and brands. Highly recommended!
- SportsShoes.com – big online shop mainly targeted at runners. Huge variety of products and brands and good prices. Delivery costs are reasonable. Ordered 2 or 3 times so far and very happy with the service!
- SportsDirect.com – very big British sports retailer with a very good online shop. Wide variety of products and very good prices. Cheap delivery fees and good service!